Move Forward is a Dutch non-profit foundation that provides a dance, basketball and rap program for teenagers growing up under challenging living conditions.
After successful editions in Haiti and The Netherlands we will continue to launch programs in more countries.
Each Move Forward program consists three phases:
1. The kick-off program on a daily base: 10 Days. 1 Tournament. 1 Block Party.
2. The evaluation period to set up a better an even more effective follow up program. 1 Month. 1 Focus.
3. Follow up program on a weekly base: 1 year. 2 Tournaments. 2 Block Party.
The kick-off program is the most intensive one, bringing a drastic change in the lives of participating teenagers as our movement program will help them to deal with unprocessed emotions of traumatic experiences. This first program is a collaboration between our Dutch crew and the country we are in. Our local partners will lead the follow up program with the help of public schools and social workers of the community we are working in.
Basketball and dance remain the main disciplines of our program, to make the impact bigger we have added:
- A healthy food program, nutritious meals made by locals for all the participants and volunteers.
- A rap program with local artists, to learn how to turn experiences into words and performances.
- Personal coaching by local youth workers so every teenager get noticed and supported.
- Solve a local problem, talk about and solve specific issues in the neighborhood.
We are a team of freelancers without the need of having an office to do our work.
Move Forward Foundation
1077 DH Amsterdam
SBI-code 88993 - Lokaal welzijnswerk
Chamber of commerce / KvK 60490845
Since 2014 we are officially registered as a foundation and our Dutch non-profit organization is approved with the ANBI-status.